Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Our Greatest Wishes

Cypher and I easily tire of the daily hub and bub of office work. We were discussing how one day we would like to just once, answer a call in our own way. Now, I have been known to thicken my Joisey accent from time to time to where I sound like Jami Gertz in a certain 1992 film. However, Cyph was tellin' me that one day she intends to answer the call as Tony Montana. For example, rather than ask the caller if they could please provide us with their subscriber identification number so as to assist them further, my soul sister will instead say, "Uh, yeah, jew nee' ta g'me jer susscribah eye-dee, jew 'ear me, uh??" And honestly, only she can pull that off. I however, being slightly more timid, wanted to answer calls more musically. I did one time have enough ovos to take the call and summon my very best Johnny Mathis voice and sing "♪Hellllloo, I don't even know your name...♫" There was of course a long pause on the other end until I said, "...and you have reached New Age Slavery, formerly known as Detention Technologies..." It was a proud moment in our family, I can tell you that. It's not every day that a dream becomes a reality. It can happen to you, ya dreamer, so keep reachin' for those stars.

2 comments:

emily rose said...

hello i love you wont you tell me your name?

hello.... is it me youre lookin for?

hello, hello, you say goodbye and i say hello!!!!

Star said...

you know i did that mathis voice for you, baby. for you were my inspiration that day!