Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Star's Bday

One would most likely be stunned, amazed, flabbergasted, astounded, dare I say, even gobsmacked to learn that my soul sister number 9 and I, her conjoined twin, do not actually share the same birthday. It's one of those great mysteries of science that neither man nor God can explain. Well, last year on this very day, I was curious as to what kind and beautiful words that Ms. Cypher would bestow unto me on the anniversary of my birth.
"Mornin' there sunshine supernova. Guess whose special day it is????"
Glancing up at me from her desk chair, as I stood and leaned over the partition, Cypher peered up over her eyeglass frames with a look of dead calm and said, "Eat cho' cake, Anna Mae."
Who needs a lame ass, fuckin' Hallmark when you got a sister who tells it like it is, straight up, no chaser; am I right or what? Uh-huh. You know that I is.

No comments: