Friday, March 20, 2009

For Verification Purposes

We were recently talking about how every caller we get has to verify their ID & password to gain access and how fucked up would it be if before reporting a crime or calling 911 you needed to do the same. Por ejemplo...
"Yeah, yeah, Cyph, it'd be like: For wife-beatings, press 9. Suicides, please press 8..."
"Ohmigod, no, hold up, check this, Soul Sister: 'Ma'am may I have your date of birth?' 'THERE'S SOMEONE IN THE HOUSE!! HELP ME!!' 'Ma'am, I can't hear you when you scream at me. Please slow it down. I need your date of birth before I can process your request for aid...' Oh my Lord, how fucked up would that be!"
Then Laury Beth chimes in with her gem, "Wait, how about this: 'MY HUSBAND'S HAVIN' A HEART ATTACK!!!' 'Okay, Ma'am are you the primary on the account??'"
We may all just be New Age Slaves workin' the lines and fieldin' the calls, but god damn it, we can find silver lining in a black abyss.

No comments: